Did you decide to update your summer home this year? That’s great news and well worth the time it takes to achieve your goals.
But having a goal is only a wish, although it’s a great start. The real deal in achieving your goal is to have a plan.
A plan sets the stage for what comes next. You do this, then that and eventually reach your vision of the great American summer home.
When I’m working with my clients to update, build or remodel their homes, I work backwards with planning. For instance, if you know you want to be ready for guests, family and friends by June 1, start with the end in mind and work backwards.
Make a list of all the steps and then break it down by weeks or months.
Here’s an abbreviated list similar to what I use in working for my clients:
- Memorial Day May 27 – Family BBQ – enjoy your hard work and relax!
- May 15 – Add lamps, rug/runners, accessories, bedding in prep for Memorial Day party
- May 1 – Install of new window shades, new seating and other furnishings
- April 1 – Select and order new window treatments, rugs/runners, etc.
- March 1 – Place order for new seating and other furniture
- February 1 – Resource and select new fabrics and furniture
So you get the idea that good design takes time.
Find more ideas and inspiration in my Blogs…
M. A. Smith Interior Design
1288 Beauchamps Place
Toms River, NJ. 08753
You must be logged in to post a comment.