In Barry Yeoman’s article “Why The Beach Makes Us Happy” the words “You come back from a beach vacation (or day trip) and find that you’ve got a verve, an energy” mean so much to those who love the Jersey Shore and the Connecticut or Long Island beaches.
If you’ve been hesitant about taking a break and going to the beach – read Barry Yeoman’s five reasons to go to the beach as described in his article from Coastal Living
- The color blue (as in the sky over the ocean) has been shown to produce feelings of security and relaxation. (Who doesn’t need that?)
- The sound of the waves has a calming, restorative effect.
- The tactile feel of sand on your feet has so much power, that it is often used in psychotherapy.
- A beach trip can produce lasting memories. Just thinking about your day at the beach months from now, can bring back those feeling of contentment or fun you enjoyed.
- Looking at the ocean can produce “a special sparkling feeling” because we are looking at elements that are predictable like a boat, a seagull or just waves.
The beach is waiting for you to return. Look past the streets and head out to the ocean to find yourself again.
See you at the beach!
Mary Alice Smith of M. A. Smith Interior Design, Allied Member NJ ASID
To schedule an appointment call: 732 608-7583
Email me at email@example.com
Residential Interior Design for Coastal New Jersey, Connecticut and New York